Saturday, March 31, 2007

Saturdays are meant for ping pong

Stellar day San Francisco. Well done. Some friends and I had breakfast at the french joint up the street from my apartment. It is verging on t-shirt weather here. Everyone met up at around 10:30 for brunch. I was the first one there and I put my name on the waiting list as there can be up to an hour wait for a table. The gingerbread pancakes are good enough to wait in line for 3 weeks, so an hour is no big deal. I walked down the block to get a newspaper after signing the waiting list. I looked down on the sidewalk and saw what looked like a business card. It caught my eye and I picked it up to get a closer look. I don't really know what to say. That was it, no address or phone number for me to call and dispute their claim.


















After brunch we headed next door to get bloody marys. It really is one of the best I have ever had. It has green beans, garlic and olives in it. Shame the bartender is a grizzled old bastard who hates damn hear everyone. It is hard to fault a man with such a mastery of his trade though.















We drank, sat in the sunshine out back and played ping pong on their well-worn table. It can get pretty competitive, and occasionally a mildly sauced player will send a ping pong ball hurtling over the fence into the middle of someone's breakfast next door. It's usually best to either deny it or just run.














Last night I went to a pre-season Giants-A's game. It was my first time at the stadium. It's a hell of a place, right on the water. It was a pretty good game too. We all watched Barry Bonds swing for the fence every time at bat and fly out every single time. We gorged ourselves on hot dogs and beer to keep warm. Never a bad idea.
















Tonight my friend Jerry is in town with The Mars Volta. I am going to take the train out to Berkeley to catch the show. They are really one of those bands that can take a show in either direction. It can be pretty exciting and manic, or they can run it straight into the ground by playing one sond that lasts 45 minutes. We'll see. I am dragging my friend Kevin along too. He listens mostly to bluegrass. This will most likely cause his eyebrows to fall off. Not too much word on the Interpol front these days. I am meant to fly to NY for rerhearsals and then to the middle of Canada for a week or so. Not too sure because this thing hasn't gone off yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home