Saturday, August 05, 2006

Perry Farrell is Missing

Just did a bit of self-baking in Chicago. A little thing that some people have been calling Lollapalooza. Everyone I ran into was talking about the times that they had gone to see Lollapalooza as a kid, when it was a touring festival. I went one year and saw Sonic Youth, Pavement, Superchunk, Mike Watt and The Jesus Lizard. This year I saw only a few bands. I mostly stared at this thing for seven hours.















The festival was in the middle of downtown. The view was pretty cool.














Like I said, I didn't do much other than work. A friend of mine was working with Ween, but I missed their set. I saw five minutes of the Secret Machines from across the lawn. They sounded HUGE. I also watched Sleater Kinney for maybe the last time. They were so goddamn good.

Here's a video that someone in the crowd took of 'the cab's' set.

2 Comments:

Blogger baby factory said...

That video looks so beautiful. You amaze me.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true you do a god damn good job with the bulbs. I waws thinking about it the other day like when some people are so good at something you think they must have made a pact with the devil and will spend eternity in hell for their underworldly talents. I usually think this so I don't feel bad about being a talentless plump toll house cookie of a douche. Anyways watching you do lights is always a privilage, specially since you always kick me down with the best seat in the house. Thanks for that by the way, you rule. I saw some othe people use that stage and those lights and I was entralled by how much they didn't do their respective bands justice. So in the end LC you are one hell of an LD.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home