Saturday, August 05, 2006

We'll Let You Know

How sad are we, and how sad have we been?

The antidote:


Pringles has started printing jokes on their potato chips. Happy day.


















I'm going to backtrack here a bit, but first let me just say two things.

1. The sky in Denver looked amazing yesterday

















2. I made the Fillmore look like an enchanted forest last night.




















I had a rocky start to this one. It's a short one though. Just a wee, two week tour. I'm home in less than a week now. It's been nice having my bed and being surrounded by all of my stuff. Arriving late to Penn State last week and checking into my dilapidated hotel room shocked the thought of home right out of me.















It was back to the tarmac, and the friendly skies as well.










































But I like my new haircut. I thought, initially, that I looked like a 12 year-old girl, but I changed my mind. The picture is decieving. I'm smiling inside.
















Penn State is a bizarre place during the off-season. Like any college town it basically shuts down during the summer. I found one of the few open bars and listened to some guy in cargo shorts and flip flops sing Social Distortion songs and strum an acoustic guitar. It was not unlike, I'd imagine, being in Oz, but with booze.

I sat at a pretty great table though. It spoke of years of drunken nights and people with something to say and the means to carve said sentiments into a big wooden table.
















Starting work, especially in a big, empty arena tends to make me feel better. I really like making things. Pretty things.

















Death Cab for Death Cab for Cutie
















We've got wheels

















We are collectively a group of people who builds a show from the ground up nearly every day. We install PA, lights, risers set up drums, tune guitars and make all sorts of magical things go on. We can't, however, work out how to turn the damn TV on.
















Tour...(said with a sigh)

2 Comments:

Blogger baby factory said...

Well if you like your haircut now maybe I can stop feeling bad and charge you $80 for it. 12 year old girl. Pfft. I spent an hour weedwhacking your hippie hair.

On another note, I think it's weird to print things on food. Doesn't that creep you out at all? It makes me gag a little bit.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like my bacon tatooed

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home