Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Blue skies; hotter than a cup of tea

I'm leaving today.
















I am heading out for a few weeks to do, among other things, Lollapalooza in Chicago, a show at a vineyard outside of Eugene, Oregon, and a few shows at the Greek Theatres in Berkely and LA. I am, more than anything else, excited about escaping the impending heat wave that seems to have crept up on the city. Today is supposed to hit 100 degrees, tomorrow 102, and the rest of the week is going to feel like sitting in the back of a toaster oven. It has been warms the past few days, but I've been coping, and by coping I mean sitting in my air conditioned living room eating imported cheese and watching VH1.
This is how we roll in NY.














It was a nice weekend. I hit a garage sale in Williamsburg where they were selling what appears to be an Evanescence cd, a few books and a terrier of some sort. The dog, for the record, was priced as 'Dog $1.25,' but when it started barking they knocked it down to $.75.
















I saw the big, fat bookstore cat the other day. I don't think the heat suits him either.















Hey, there's a sale on a rite aid. If you're interested at all.
















Well, I'm off to take an absolutely absurd journey to Penn State for a show tomorrow. I will be flying from NY to DC then back to Pennsylvania. Hells yes.

Looks like it's going to be one of those days....race you to the hotel bar.














I did, however, just book myself a flight to Alaska. No joke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home