Sunday, March 02, 2008

Lavase, y conduce a mi.















It's hard to live in the city. I've been back in SF for a few days now, and while it's a welcome break from all of the flying, driving and hotelery of the past few weeks, I am absolutely exhausted by the pace and sheer populous that is this city. The adjustment from spending time in a country that is roughly the same size, yet sees itself as dangerously underpopulated is startling. Seriously though, Australians are offered a $5,000 incentive for having children. My friend James calls it his flat-screen television fund. I am starting to question why I live in a place that is so often maddening, but maybe it's just the weekend. Besides there are more important issues at hand. Would you vote for Hitler or Frankenstein?















Our last two shows in Melbourne and Adelaide were a breeze, and seemed to fly by after having three straight days off. Scheid made it out to the show in Melbourne, mostly to mooch off of our free internet, but he got much more than he bargained for. At some point he was drawn into deep conversation with a rather intense bass player. Whatever the subject, it seemed to lend itself to wild gesticulations with a half eaten banana. I was laughing so hard I couldn't hold the camera steady. Just thinking about the banana swooping to and fro and then dipping into his mouth for a bite makes my sides ache.








>






























Adelaide is such an odd place. I think Steven King referred to it as the scariest place that he'd ever been, and there is some figure about it having the highest per capita serial killer ratio, but that is neither here nor there. The 12 hours I spent there was quite enough though.
















And then the next morning I flew home, and arrived technically an hour after I had left. It's been nice being back, seeing friends, hiking, eating good food, and trying my best to put South America out of my mind. I leave on Tuesday.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home