Saturday, November 03, 2007

Calmalamadown
















Oh, it was a good day to be home in California. After about a week of inclement weather (actually it was perfectly 'clement' to be fair), what with the rain and the fog and the cold that makes me want to nurse mavey hangover alone in bed thanks very much, I had had just about enough. It had been a week of late nights and even later mornings due to the aforementioned weather. My good friend Andre was in town for a bit. I'm still not really sure why, but he is still the nicest greaser that I know. We rained holy hell on several bars in the mission (that alien attack pinball game will never be the same).















Have I mentioned that it's great to be back in this circus of a city that I live in?
















I committed the cardinal sin last night. I worked during my time off. It was brutal, and clearly a mistake. At least it was at The Fillmore, and with friends.















It was a favor, mostly, and I thought it would be good to get my foot in the door of some SF clubs, but it was not such a good idea. Not my cup of tea, I suppose. Again I have managed to go and carve away any time that I had intended to spend with some painful introspection, and gone and wasted it at the beach.















We went to Santa Cruz today. The weather was incredible. Amazing, really, for November. I remember spending my first christmas out here at the beach. It was about 65 degrees and sunny. That's why it's a good idea. Santa Cruz was a bit of a shopper's paradise, but we managed some good food and a few laughs at local customs. That damn dog bum rushed me straight away. Alas, I think it was my idea to go see Into the Wild when we got back home. Turned out to be the perfect antidote to a day in the sun. I think I teetered on the verge of tears for about two and a half hours. I really liked it, and it made me yearn for Alaska again like a madman. Good thing I leave for Portugal on Monday.......



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home