Monday, September 17, 2007

Sleeping Inside Out

















I was in New York for what seemed like an eternity. In actuality it was 2 days. The first of which was spent tooling around town with old friends. It was a beautiful day, and in spite of the fact that it was NY, I had a great day. The view from the roof deck of Jamie's new pad. The building also happens to be fully stocked with models. I hear they stack them four high in each room.















It was a lovely day off. I saw Ben and Paula who were on their way out (chewed up and spit out) of NY and moving to Maine. We had some sushi and drinks, as you do. The rest was a bit of a blur. At least it didn't end in the manner of most of their evenings out. Paula had said something about a sushi chef puking in their bathtub last week.


















Then there was the Garden. The biggest show that this band has ever played, and certainly the most stress-inducing. Over the course of a day we managed to turn this:
















Into this:














Still the evening was lacking a bit here and there. The show, after all the time I had spent on it, didn't exactly go off without a hitch. Bummer. It really was a relief to have it be over. Off to Philly and the miserable old Tower Theatre.





























It was actually nice to return to a smaller venue with fewer variables and less to go wrong. It looked pretty good.














Since I had a long, defeating day, Bobby bought me a rooster because...why not?

















I think that there is starting to be a theme here. I'm worn out. Exhausted by all of this. I feel as though I've hit a wall in this tour. It's looking a bit like drudgery lately. I was so very close to my hometown yesterday, but fell just short being in Raleigh, NC. The Disco Rodeo is pretty much the bar from the blues brothers with the chicken wire fence in front of the stage. It is hellishly designed to be less aesthetically pleasing then a warehouse. Just when you think you've got it all figured out something pops up and ruins your day. Today it was the 12' clearance over the stage that creates, when the lights are on, an effect not unlike an easy bake oven. I suppose it was better than the last show we did here where we discovered that the roof above the stage wasn't water tight. Blonde Redhead was never the same.

















It was a far cry from Madison Square Garden.














Today. Well-deserved day off in Orlando. I made pals..and then took a nap. I'll wake up a happier, more optimistic guy I'm sure.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home