Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Heavy Metal Compromise

That is Bobby's code for a really excellent mullet. Other acceptable alternatives are 'El Camino' and 'Hockey Hair.' We discussed this, and many other entrancing subjects while waiting for an hour and a half to cross the Canadian border into Toronto today. Here is Bobby last night playing the guitar and singing in the middle of 49th Street at 2 AM.

















Last night was the much stressed over Bowery Ballroom show. Much of the last few weeks has been spent rattling about ideas of how to fit a band on a small stage and make it look good. It wasn't easy, and it was a particularly hot day in NY (the famed ideal three weeks per year of nice weather having come and gone). The Bowery is where I had my first real job doing lights, and I've seen some incredible shows there. It was a nice homecoming. Damn near everyone seems to be right where I left them as always. I like that.
I got to see a bunch of good friends last night. Good friends always seem to pop up when you are having a terribly stressful day and want nothing more than to run around town and buy the new Shellac record (which I managed to do...it's called 'Excellent Italian Greyhound'...ha!). Scheid stopped by during the day. We missed the Dinosaur Jr. show tonight in NY. Such is life. I saw Blasco who is fresh off his new gig with the secret machines, PJ who is just about as crazy as I remember (and who tried to drag me on to the roof of the club before the show even started), and a grinning Richard Priest in a new white suit. It was a good one. After all was said and done one girl tapped me on the shoulder and said the lights were 'fucking awesome.' Works for me.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home