Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Desert Session

The road home began with a 30 hour drive from Vancouver to Indio, CA.

















I watched the sun set on the Oregon skyline...

















And rise in the desert.

















It was a long, hot day, but we kept it up.
















I spent a good part of my day staring at the stage, typing away at a lighting desk, as usual. I looked up occasionally to see an old friend or two, or to watch The Jesus and Mary Chain play their reunion show.



















Among the many that I ran into while frantically scrambling to put a show together were 2 pals from Mexico, an old roomate, a couple touring crew guys, all of which I hadn't seen in ages. My friend Mark (who had been in Australia for what seemed like ages) took these:




























It wasn't my finest hour, but I pulled it off under duress. The real winner was the show the following night in Vegas (you tube it, for real). That was the best in a very long time. Also, Lexi flew out and surprised me. Everyone on the tour, bar me, knew about the sinister plot, it would seem. With friends like these....good for nothing.
Vegas was....vegas..
















I won some money...




























Just kidding. I lost $60, went home the next day and ate cheese and drank wine in the comfort of my living room. That just about brings us up to speed.

1 Comments:

Blogger itslexibitch said...

Ha! The biggest triumph was not cracking and telling you myself out of the crippling excitement I felt for the two weeks beforehand.

Also: please note my skin tone next to Lily's in the backrground of the photo of Ally at the slots. Damn. It.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home