Sunday, July 02, 2006

The Ballad of Johnny Utah

I found a copy of Point Break on VHS under the TV on the bus last night. It went well.

















I'm in Malmo today. Day off. Sunday. Sunny.

I had to break out the Redondo Beach flops. They really are the Cadillac of footwear.















It was a nice day spent mostly wandering by myself. The last time I was here it was cold and rainy, also a Sunday, but quite miserable. I had a good day.















It would appear that Axl Rose did not. I'm not quite sure what he has done to piss off the Swedes, but man has he done it.















I was wandering through one of the few, overpriced clothing stores in downtown Malmo this afternoon. One of these American punk-ish wear stores that sells Levi's for $300 and anything with stripes on it for a heafty mark-up had this poster by the cash register. It's an ad for some terrible 'punk aesthetic' clothing line, and that's my friend Daniel playing the young scofflaw. I wondered what that guy was up to.
















Tomorrow is day one of the 3-day Accelerator Festival. Previous years I've seen Mogwai, Yo La Tengo, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, The Warlocks and a bunch of other great bands. Should be interesting, if nothing else.


50 year storm. Be prepared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home