Monday, June 12, 2006

Living Things / Dead Things

I found the remains of a seal on a beach...
















And the well-preserved skull of an elk on the side of a barn...
















The seals were a bit loud at times, when living, so I suppose that I prefer them dead. The Elk were pretty massive up close though...


































This guy stuck his tongue out at me when I whistled at him. I decided not to bludgeon them to death with a flashlight because they looked as if they may have been a bit 'gamey' and, therefore, not so good to eat.


















I also couldn't help but notice that the Elk were about the size of the van that we were traveling in, and quite spritely. It's best that I wasn't gorged by a set of antlers and left for dead in Northern California.









































While the wild elk, a beautiful and delicious animal, is quite docile in its natural habitat, my own sense of self preservation won out and they escaped without me tasting and / or attempting to ride one of them. I made me decision and I stand by it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck the elks. Lollapalooza is going on and there must be some band you are going to attempt to light in broad fucken day light no? Fuck sakes man when are you coming to chicago? Or do I need to come to NY and tickle the dook myself???

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice one. fucking nice one. you've come along way from shooting homeless people with a pellet gun. i was at the scene of your crime the other day on my way to the shit food that is cafe brazil in deep ellum.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home