Saturday, April 01, 2006

H.I.A.T.U.S.

A hiatus (from Latin hiatus, -us, m.: gap; cf. hiare, hio, hiavi (hisco); Greek (χαίνω) έ-χαν-ον, κέχηνα; Old High German ginēn; German 'gähnen' -> "yawn") is a suspension or interruption in the intensity or amount of something.














I've been busy. My computer took a big, metallic shit the other day as well. That was nice. In the tech-free lull of my life (3 days) I started jogging a brisk 2 miles per day, and taking some time to appreciate my neighborhood. Williamsburg is a magical place where all sorts of industrial-strength madness occurs at any hour of the day or night. Get on it before the white man takes over.


This band was rocking the hell out around 3-ish on a Wednesday afternoon. They were pouring some serious sludgy psychadelic-metal madness onto Bedford Ave while old men and women with baby carriages casually nodded along. It's a nice thing to see.
















Now that the weather is getting warmer, it's time to bring the rock to the streets whenever possible. In fact, the city of New York, in a new public works campaign is setting up designated 'rock stations' where anyone with a shaggy haircut, dirty blazer and a pair of girl's jeans can just give it a go.
















These little bastards scared the buhjesus right out of me.....

















As did this fella, needless to say. It was, I believe, totally up for grabs, but I wasn't up for toting that thing home, and besides, it really wouldn't have gone with my couch.
















There's just someting about a topless doll riding atop a cake made of what appears to be sand that really kicks the old appetite right in the groin.


















This was a hell of a find. Just relaxing on a table in the back of a toy store was this little guy. 'The Rocking Machine' from A Clockwork Orange is the catalyst for one of the most amazing, on-screen deaths of all time, a single, crushing blow from a large porcelin cock. Oh, and apparantly you can buy your own here, who knew?
















The block...

















The produce



















The girl...














...things can't be all bad, I suppose.




I can't get this song out of my head today....














Big Star's 'Thirteen'
mp3







Find yourself a date, fucker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home