Saturday, March 11, 2006

Wisconsin Death Trip

Inside, the velvet, oak darkness of another historic American theatre beckons.
















But outside, the residents of Milwaukee, Wisconsin have gone ape-shit and declared St.Patrick's day a week early. Maybe there was a scheduling conflict with some sporting event wherein they might wear a cheese hat or something. Understandable. What a way to wake up though. Check this madness:






















The bagpipers put on one of the worst displays of piping that I have ever heard. Watch it here.


The pre-teen dance troupe was vaguely reminiscent of the village of the damned.




No?

















Everyone went nuts when this guy came out to shovel horse shit. He was terribly embarrassed. I really felt for him, but at least he wasn't a grown man dressed as a giant sandwich for fuck's sake.
















I also found the most amazing book store in the world. I have no idea what it was called, but I can tell you that it is in Milwaukee, and is about twice the size of Switzerland. It was a few stories of shelves in the most impeccable order, and they even had a Kurt Vonnegut section.















Seriously considering crossing Milwaukee off of my 'List of Cities to Raze to the Ground.' Mind you, I did say 'considering.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home