Saturday, March 04, 2006

A day in the life of moral corruption















Television is creeping it's way back into my heart, resting it's hard plastic face on my shoulder. I woke up yesterday and it was as if Showtime had been programmed just for me. It was a magical few hours. Often at noon on a Friday Showtime features movies involving a monkey (chimp, orangutan, etc) wrapped up in some hair-raising scheme to win a downhill skiing race or catch a bank robber or something.


Seriously.




(Just an aside: In trying to find information on 'Dunston Checks In' I was shocked to find that Dunston, who I'm assuming is the monkey, chimp, orangutan, what have you, doesn't have his name listed. I mean, the monkey starred in the movie, did he not? There is no justice in the world. Furthermore, in searching for the monkey on the information superhighway I came across an article making reference to "The golden age of chimpanzees in Hollywood." What?)




As I was saying, at noon on Friday, Showtime aired 'And Now for Something Completely Different, followed by Koyaanisqatsi . No Shit. I ate a bowl of cereal, made a phone call and took a shower before the Apollo 11 scene was over, and I swear that the Phillip Glass organ piece is about 45 minutes long. Madness. That said, it was a good morning.


This looks really cool.

I really can't get this song out of my head. I can listen to it all day long, and right now it is the soundtrack to my afternoon in Philly. Get some Built to Spill in your life. The file is in there somewhere.


Put some pants on..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home