Monday, February 01, 2010

all fiesta-no siesta














I got back from Mexico on Thursday night, tequila-soaked and road-weary, with a bit of an upset stomach and a marginally weakened sense of pride. I had sworn (or maybe just strongly advised myself) that I'd stay local, and try my damnedest not to tour, but things don't always work out the way that you (by you I mean me) want them to. I ended up swallowing some pride and going out for a brief 3 shows in six days. Not too shabby, and it pays the rent. Plus the shows were in Mexico which means that they were equal parts exciting and frustrating.

















It was also the end of the line for this particular band and their particular album cycle. That means that a band, at this pace, following a week of shows in Mexico may be staring down the barrel of almost three years off. This is generally a cue to cut loose, and cut loose we did.

















Hard to complain about the crew as well. I've spent the better part of five years with some of them.






















For better or for worse.






















The shows were a blast, the work was totally exhausting as I was a little cranky and out of practice, but I got to see some friends, get out of the country for a week, and fill myself with delicious street meat almost every day. I'm glad I did it in the end.

















Adios, hasta luego and all that jazz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home