Friday, May 23, 2008

Like a hole in the head....















I've been playing the old game of how to pack my life into a little bag for five weeks with myself again. It should be old hat for me, but it never really gets any easier. Right now it's Suitcase-1, Lucas -Nil. When I'm at home I can stumble into my closet and come out wearing a toga, a pair of flippers and a sombrero, and be done with it. I imagine that over the next month or so that temperatures will realistically range from about 40 to 85 degrees, so I'm packing shorts and a down jacket, sunscreen and earmuffs. You get the idea. It's really all just a matter of what fits.















I also sat down and looked at my calendar, realizing that I won't be able to shower until sometime around Tuesday, and somewhere between Colorado and Utah. Not being the painfully optimistic type I think there is going to be an uphill start to this one, but I'm sure it'll all be good. I'm getting out just in time, it seems, as the neighborhood is going completely to shit. I like digging holes in the street as much as the next guy, but this is hardly progress. In fact, ridiculous is what it is. Though I'm pretty jealous of the guy who gets to drive the giant deli slicer that saws the street in half.
















See you in Oregon, Washington, Chicago, Utah, Red Rocks, Brooklyn, Philly, LA or somewhere in between.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home