Tuesday, January 02, 2007

5..4..3..2..1..Tahoe!

Yeah, I was in Tahoe last week. Drove up in the midst of a proper winter storm. Even In and Out Burger lost power. Oh, and it snowed like a bastard as well.

















It had been a while since I'd been involved with snow chains and I suppose I was a bit underdressed in a leather jacket and converse. I have really grown to hate the cold weather. Most California kids are amped by the snow because it is such a rarity to them. After a dozen or so winters in the Northeast I am over the novelty of snow. Really, is this the face of a man who enjoys fresh powder?

















I will say this though: It was stunningly beautiful in the mountains last week.






















































When we arrived at the cabin (after a six hour drive) I traded up for some second-hand warm weather gear. This is what the hip kids are wearing on the slopes these days. Expect to see them in Milan and NY by spring. Just remember who started it...



















I am a complete and total jackass who can only possibly bring embarrassment to himself and his family. Well, that said, here's me in a neon snow suit humping a snowman...


















Man, that fucking deer was a real pain in the ass.


















The following day we hit the slopes. Everyone was ashamed to be within 50 feet of my LA Gear snow pants so I was lent some proper clobber (Noun. Clothing and/or accessories). Thanks christ for that too, because it was downright Baltic. It actually looks like I am in Chechnya aiding the refugees. Oh man am I going to get a punch in the neck for that one.

















Before the day was out we had scaled the mountain and gone ice skating (which I happen to be quite proficient at) on top.

















I had beardcicles.















It was an experience, for sure. I am glad to be home and warm and looking for a coffee table. In spite of my current status as a mountain man, I am becoming quite domestic. I even bought a rice cooker the other day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home