Saturday, December 02, 2006

Blasphemer

Yesterday I spent 18 hours on a bus traveling from Houston to Mesa, Arizona (more on that later). Among the many inane things I did to occupy myself was watch the movie Silent Hill, which I downloaded a few weeks ago. I am a sucker for a cheesy horror film and love as much gore as I can get in a film. I have to say that the first hour and a half or so of this movie was one of the most painful cinematic experiences of my life. There was little or no plot, totally lame CG ghosts floating around and absolutely no point to any of it. I also have to say that the last ten minutes of the movie totally redeemed the first 90. There is this instant Hellraiser turn that evolves into this terrific display of what could only have been stage hands throwing buckets of fake blood and ground beef at the camera. Brilliant. There are a number of decapitations, and a few, I don't know what you call it when someone gets ripped in half, but a few of those as well. There is really no reason for any of it, but hot damn. Lexi found it on youtube this morning...















ps...Ally got me a Melvins shirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home